The Sherbrook Street Festival was back with a bang after a few uncertain pandemic years. On September 11, huge numbers of West Broadway’s most beautiful people gathered for an event spread throughout our community.
The Broadway Neighbourhood Centre hosted live music all afternoon, with a vendor village and family fun zone set up in the field. Hundreds of visitors enjoyed bouncy castle (provided by Eric Neumann, Realtor), delicious giveaways from Decadence Chocolates, Oak Hammock Marsh‘s famous critter-catching, the Winnipeg Public Library, and amazing activities from Art City
Shorty’s Pizza hosted a day-time beer garden, with incredible performances by local acts in an intimate, improvised patio space. The main stage kicked off in the evening at the Food Fare parking lot. Little Miss Higgins and the Dr. Henry Band headlined the show — it was hard to even count how many people were grooving and enjoying the beverage garden.
We’re looking forward to continuing to build the event in 2023, to bring more folks to West Broadway to explore and discover all we have to offer!
In the meantime, there are so many to thank:
- First and foremost, the incredible event management team: Real Love Winnipeg (Gilad Carroll and Adam Soloway, Mischa Decter, Brenden Galli), and Jill Hisco
- Our local BIZ members who contributed time, effort and products to our day
- The entire Broadway Neighbourhood Centre team for hosting us
- Our amazing volunteers for keeping everything safe, organized and fun
- A stellar line up of musicians from across Manitoba
- Most importantly, everyone who came down to make a special day with us!