Here in West Broadway, we want our businesses to succeed, and for staff to feel safe at work. Neighbourhood safety is a very complex issue and we’d like to expand on what our BIZ members can expect from us:
- Safety Audits | In partnership with West Broadway Community Organization, we offer FREE safety audits to our members. This means a qualified staff person will visit your location to discuss what physical changes you can make to encourage a safe environmental for all. Other suggestions and options will be discussed such as training for staff, for example.
- Grants | We offer a Storefront Improvement and Safety Grant to all of our members. Grants are available in a variety of amounts, up to $5,000. This grant can cover expenses such as the related labour and supply costs of an improvement.
- Referrals | The BIZ has lots of established relationships with our City Councillor, our neighbourhood associations and organizations that support those experiencing homelessness. Do you need a connection? Let us make the introduction.
- Advocacy | We are building an advocacy plan with other BIZ areas and community partners. We believe that everyone deserves to be housed, to be part of a community, to be cared for and safe, including our BIZ members. We also believe that our members are unfairly shouldering some of the issues that come from unstable housing, mental health and addictions in our community. We call on all levels of government to properly fund services and supports for those in need.
- Workshops & Community Consultation | We want to hear from businesses about what could be done to support them, and what they are seeing on a day-to-day basis. We hope to offer workshops or training that will be of benefit to our members.
Are you a business member and would like to share your experience? Please reach out to us at [email protected].